Food SafetyThe Value of Food Safety: Priceless
At FreshPoint Connecticut we have an unwavering commitment to food safety and sanitation, and we continually strive to raise the standards of excellence for others to follow. Our customers trust FreshPoint to provide them with the safest produce grown and produced. We respect and earn that trust every day. "Food safety is Priority One" - to safeguard our products and our customers, here's what we're doing in our facilities:
- Cold chain throughout our refrigerated and environmentally-controlled facilities and distribution system. This cold chain is monitored from the beginning by checking all inbound trucks for proper trailer temperature, using pulp thermometers to ensure product temperatures are within tolerance.
- GAP (Good Agricultural Practices) education program
- Fully documented HACCP program
- FDA / USDA compliant recall program
- FDA compliant with Homeland Security Bio-terrorism Act
- Disaster Preparedness Action Plan in place
- Third Party Inspections by AIB, Cook & Thurber, and more
- Certificate of Insurance required for all products
- Hold Harmless Agreements with all vendors
- Dedicated Food Safety Managers
- ServSafe Certification and Good Manufacturing Practice training for key personnel
- Documented Temperature monitoring from harvest to delivery
A variety of products require different temperature, humidity and ethylene-controlled zones for holding. Our facilities have been modified specifically for perishable foodservice distribution, ensuring complete cold-chain protection, food safety, sanitation, security systems and operational efficiencies. We hold the highest possible rating with American Institute of Baking, the nationally recognized leader in the food service inspection industry with over 75 years of experience. AIB audits are always unannounced!
Our customers demand the best and recognize the value of food safety.